L. Rachel Bishop PA-C
Rachel Bishop is a certified physician assistant at The Spine Center of Southeast Georgia for the past 7 years. She became a PA because she loves helping people. She received her undergraduate degree from Tulane University and her Masters of Physician Assistant Studies degree from the Medical College of Georgia.
Rachel was raised in Brunswick Georgia and returned home to join The Spine Center of Southeast Georgia in April 2014. Her background in critical care helps her diagnose and treat many types of painful conditions. Rachel has extensive leadership experience having managed a team of physician assistants. Prior to joining The Spine Center, Rachel worked as a certified physician assistant at UAB Highlands ICU in Birmingham Alabama and for the Georgia Lung Associates in Atlanta, Georgia.
Rachel was born in Ohio and is married. They have an “awesome dog” (a Boxer named Axl) and 9 fun nieces and nephews with a large extended family.
When she’s not busy helping her patients, she enjoys art, photography, hiking, and traveling.
Here a few more facts about Rachel:
- If she wasn’t a PA, she would be a travel photographer.
- Her favorite superhero is Wonderwoman “because she has an invisible jet…what else do you need in life?”
- She lived in several states including: Ohio, Arkansas, Georgia (Brunswick, St. Simons, Augusta, and Atlanta), Alabama, and Louisiana.
- The most exciting place she visited was Patagonia.
- Her favorite subject in school: Math.
- Her least favorite subject in school: History.
- Her nickname is “Rach.”
- If you could change one thing about the world, she would end poverty.
- Her volunteer work includes mission trips overseas to help those less fortunate. She has several kids in Honduras whom she sponsors and tries to visit regularly.
You will be very happy under the care of Rachel Bishop because she has a big heart and enjoys working with patients.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE
- National Certifying Committee of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) August 2008 – Present
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) December 2013 – 2015
- Basic Life Support (BLS) December 2013-2015
- Fundamentals Critical Care Studies (FCCS) October 2012-2015
- Active Staff Member Southeast Georgia Health System: Brunswick, Georgia