Emmanuel Gage, M.D.
Dr. Emmanuel Gage is double board certified in pain medicine and physical medicine and rehabilitation and joined The Spine Center of Southeast Georgia in the fall of 2014. Dr. Gage received his doctorate in medicine from The University of Toledo Medical Center in 2009 after receiving his Bachelor of Science degree in biology from John Carroll University in Cleveland, Ohio. He completed a physical medicine and rehabilitation residency at The University of Toledo Medical Center in 2013, and completed an ACGME accredited lnterventional Pain Medicine fellowship at The University of Toledo Medical Center in Toledo, Ohio in 2014.
His biggest statement of credibility: “Most of all, I have treated multiple physicians, nurse practitioners and midlevels since I started here. They requested to see me specifically, and after treating them successfully they have sent me more patients, including their family and friends. That’s the biggest compliment, and it shows that they are happy with how I’ve treated them.”
He won a few awards including:
- NANS Spinal Cord Stimulation Scholarship Winner— NANS Meeting 2013
- American Pain Society Scholarship Winner— APS Meeting 2013
- Gregory A. Nemunaitis Award—Outstanding Medical Student in PM&R
Why did Dr. Gage become a doctor? “I obviously wanted to help people. But also, I have family members with chronic pain so I have always been close to pain patients. I became a PM&R and pain doc because I love being hands on, and being able to get results quickly for patients—not having to simply rely on medications or surgery.”
What makes Dr. Gage unique? “Have training in PM&R, which is all about helping patients become functional and return to their normal lives. I use this with my interventional pain training to determine treatment plans which can get patients back to themselves.
My patients will say that I am easy to talk to, and I am honest. I explain what is causing their issue, and also show them on spine models. I give them multiple txt options, and I develop the treatment plan together with the patient. I’m a normal guy. I don’t speak down to patients.”
When he’s not busy helping his patients at The Spine Center of Southeast Georgia, he enjoys workout out, weight training, golf, college football, pro football, basketball, going to the beach, Netflix and chill, movies, traveling in the United States, and trying new foods/restaurants (he considers himself a “foodie”).
He also enjoys spending time with his wife and their 14-year-old “Min-Pin” (Miniature Pinscher dog).
Here are a few more fun facts about Dr. Gage:
- He recently traveled to Croatia, Italy, and London.
- He was born in Chicago.
- His parents are from Romania; his father is a Catholic priest. He has 2 younger brothers who work in business (one lives in London and the other in Chicago).
- If he wasn’t a doctor, he would be an archaeologist (his dream job) or most likely a physicist.
- His favorite superhero is Thor (“he can travel between planets, fly, and has a heavy hammer.”).
- He lived in several places including: Chicago, IL; Gary, IN; Youngstown, OH; Cleveland, OH; Toledo, OH; and Columbus, OH.
If you need a pain management doctor, Dr. Gage is passionate about seeing patients return to their former selves and do things they weren’t able to do because of their pain. He loves seeing patients so happy and thankful that they hug him! That’s what makes it worth it for Dr. Gage.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Interventional Pain Management
- Board Certified in Pain Medicine
- Board Certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
PAIN CENTER AFFILIATION
- The Spine Center of Southeast Georgia – Brunswick and St. Marys
- Southeast Georgia Health System-Consultant
- Bachelor of Science – John Carroll University, Cleveland, Ohio – Biology
- Doctor of Medicine – The University of Toledo Medical Center in Toledo, Ohio
- St. Vincent’s Hospital, Toledo, Ohio-Transitional Year
- The University of Toledo Medical Center in Toledo, Ohio-ACGME Accredited Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- The University of Toledo Medical Center in Toledo, Ohio-ACGME Accredited Interventional Pain Management Fellowship
Dr. Emmanuel Gage, known as Dr. Manny by many of his patients, has had extensive training and experience in the treatment of disease or injury involving the muscles, nerves, and bones. At his practice, Dr. Emmanuel Gage treats many conditions, including:
- Joint Disorders, Pain and Arthritis, including Post-Joint Replacement Pain
- Sports injuries, Acute and Chronic
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Neck and Back pain, Acute and Chronic, including Post-Surgical Neck and Back Pain
- Neuropathies, including Diabetic Neuropathy, Carpal Tunnel and Cubital Tunnel
- CRPS (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome, Formerly RSD)
- Cancer Pain
Dr. Emmanuel Gage, sees patients at The Spine Center of Southeast Georgia, a Prospira PainCare Center of Excellence, located in the heart of Brunswick, Georgia. The specialists at The Spine Center of Southeast Georgia treat any disability resulting from disease or injury involving muscles, nerves and bones. The focus is not on one part of the body, but instead on the development of a comprehensive program for putting the pieces of a person’s life back together – medically, socially, emotionally, and vocationally – after injury or disease.
Our medical providers manage issues that span the entire spectrum, from complicated multiple trauma to injury prevention for athletes. Approaching pain as both a symptom and a diagnosis, The Spine Center of Southeast Georgia’s primary goal is to determine the underlying reason for why patients are in pain. A thorough history and physical examination are performed and the findings are combined with diagnostic testing to determine if there is a mechanical or anatomic abnormality present. Nervous system dysfunction is also evaluated. Once the evaluation is complete, a customized multidisciplinary treatment plan is started. If needed, interventional pain procedures are performed in their state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center conveniently located next to the Brunswick practice location. Our goal is to decrease pain and enhance performance without surgery.