Chronic pain can damage your quality of life, making it difficult to do the things you once enjoyed, and making work challenging or impossible. At the Spine Center of Southeast Georgia, we specialize in minimally invasive and effective pain treatments that go beyond invasive surgery and opioids to give you lasting relief. We proudly serve men and women in Brunswick and Kingsland, GA dealing with chronic pain.
What is Chronic Pain?
Chronic pain is any pain that lasts for at least six months. This kind of pain can be caused by some identifiable disorder, injury or health condition, or the cause may be unknown. One of the most common types of chronic pain involves the upper or lower back, but millions of people also deal with chronic pain from conditions like arthritis, cancer pain, and spinal disorders.
Some of the most common forms of chronic pain include:
We don’t fully understand why some people develop chronic pain where others would recover fully from an injury, surgery, or condition.
What Causes Chronic Pain?
In many cases, chronic pain is the result of an initial injury such as a pulled muscle. In this case, the pain is believed to happen when nerves are damaged which makes the pain long-lasting. Treating the injury may not be enough to resolve the pain and it becomes chronic.
Sometimes, chronic pain happens without a well-understood cause. It can also be due to an underlying condition or disease such as fibromyalgia, arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, or TMJ.
Chronic pain can affect any area of the body including:
How is Chronic Pain Treated in Brunswick, GA?
The Spine Center of Southeast Georgia treats chronic pain with a tailored treatment plan that’s designed to address the underlying cause of your pain and give you significant and lasting pain relief. The type of treatment will depend on the source and location of your pain.
Our treatment options for chronic pain include:
- Injections and nerve blocks
- Nerve blocks and pain injections target painful nerves with an infection of local anesthetic, steroids, and/or other medications to temporarily stop the transmission of pain signals.
- Spine, back, and neck surgery
- PRP Therapy
- This injectable treatment uses platelet-rich plasma from your blood to concentrate natural healing mechanisms at the site of tissue or cartilage damage.
- Stem Cell Therapy
- Stem cell treatments can be used to treat many types of chronic pain like diabetic nerve pain, neck pain, and herniated discs with your adult stem cells to encourage restoration of damaged nerves and soft tissue.
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- RF ablation, sometimes called rhizotomy, is a minimally invasive procedure that treats pain by burning painful nerves with radiofrequency energy for long-term relief.
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- PNS is a minimally invasive procedure that involves placing a PNS device along peripheral nerves that are sending pain signals. It can treat many types of chronic pain like neck pain and migraines.
If you are struggling to overcome chronic pain that hasn’t responded to other treatment options, it’s time to give us a call at the Spine Center of Southeast Georgia. We offer a wide variety of minimally invasive pain relief services in Brunswick and Kingsland, GA to help you experience long-term and significant relief from your pain. Contact us today for a consultation.